Services with strategy
Most artists have a time in their career when they have too much going on to manage, but they have not yet secured a team or their team needs extra support. This is where The Syrup Factory can help.
The Syrup Factory works with artists who need support combined with strategy. Whether it's an album release, a single promotion, a digital marketing push or rebuilding an artist brand, we offer services that are designed to bring out the best in the artist and maximize revenue potential.
The team is lead by Laura Simpson, who spent seven years working at Music Nova Scotia in communications, export development and artist support. Laura has consulted with hundreds of artists and industry professionals and assisted in shaping countless marketing and touring projects. She has also worked with the Halifax Jazz Festival, the Halifax Pop Explosion and acted as a juror in various capacities, including The Junos.
In 2015, Laura mentored with Livia Tortella of Black Box (formerly president of Warner Brothers Records) in Los Angeles. There, she took cues on how one of the most innovative music companies was adapting to major changes in the largest music market in the world. As a result, The Syrup Factory methodology is uniquely created to develop effective digital marketing, comprehensive strategy and brilliant artist branding.
The Syrup Factory's mission is draw out the true potential in each artist. We act as a slingshot to help the artist through a particular project or time period and get to the next phase of their career, faster, and with greater chance of success.
The Syrup Factory works on contract, rather than commission, so the artist can remain fully in control of their future and their financial gain.
"I loved Laura's enthusiasm and assertiveness. She was always clear about questions to ask in developing a brand and staying on brand. She attracted press and came up with innovative marketing. The industry needs more of her enthusiasm and good energy." ~ Heather Rankin
Strategy services include:
- Discovery Process - an exhaustive interview and research process that allows The Syrup Factory team to understand who the artist is and what they want.
- Social Media & Website Audit + Recommendations
- Artist Identity/Brand Development
- Digital Marketing Strategy - including schedule and data analysis
- Album/Single/Video Release Strategy
Support services include:
- Live performance review
- Project management
- Correspondence management
- Social media management
- Photography and design support
- Representation at conferences and festivals
- Revenue collection
- Contract creation and review
- Booking support and advancing
- Market research
- Grant writing
- Publicity (via partnership)
- Official and Live performance video creation (via partnerships)
- Basic Business Development
- Album Release
- Single/Video Release